Rani Channamma University, Belagavi has established a Student Welfare Section in 2011 to execute the University policies concerned to Welfare of the Students. The students studying in the main campus, P.G. centres, constituent and affiliated colleges are covered under variety of Welfare Programs run by the University. Student Welfare Cell administers a number of University policies and programs concerned with Hostels, N.S.S., Red Cross, SC/ST & OBC Cell, Students Gymkhana, Welfare Schemes, Youth Festivals, Student Grievances and Redressal. The Office of the Directorate of Student Welfare is headed by Prof. Basavaraj Padmashali.
• Promoting of Academic and Co-curricular interests in the Students.
• Co-ordinating the University policies and procedures relating to the Students.
• Helping the students to realize their potential and bringing out their hidden talents.
• To inculcate right values and to develop leadership qualities among the Students.
Prof. Basavaraj Padmashali
Smt. Devata D. Gasti
Smt. Poornima S. Hunagund
DSW initiated different activities which are targeted for the development and betterment of the students. Through these activities our University ensures the students a better environment for higher learning. They include the activities;
• Organization of the University level inter college and PG Student’s Yuvajanotsava, Channamma Yuva Sambhrama.
• University level students motivational and personality development workshops.
• Career Guidance Program/trainings.
• Conducting Health Camps.
• Providing Psychological and Academicals Counseling service to the students.
• Co-ordination of student’s Sports and Cultural activities through Student Gymkhana.
• Organizing various competitions to inculcate creativity among the students.
• Issue of Identity Cards.
• Looking after the Hostels and other student amenities.
• Student-information Services: providing welfare information by circulating and displaying the official circulars and posters in the Notice Board and website.
• Special programs for Girl students through Empowerment Cell.
• Liaison between University administration and the students
• In accordance with the UGC guidelines, Student Counseling cell is established under the Student Welfare Section, housed at the office of the DSW. It is functioning to make available the Counseling Services free to all the students of the University to promote the mental health of the students and to facilitate their individual development.
• At the University level, the Student Grievances and Redressal Cell shall oversee the effective Redressal of problems and challenges faced by the students.
• Two Boys Hostels are situated in the Main Campus with all infrastructures.
• Health and medical services to the students.
• Career guidance facility is provided for the students through the Placement Cell.
• Canteen facility is provided with minimum price.
• Photo Copy and stationary shop in the main Building.
• Rest Room for Girl Students.
• Student Gymkhana
• SC/ST Cell
• OBC Cell
• Health Center
• Placement Cell
• Student Counseling Cell – (attachment SW Advisory Committee)
• Youth Red Cross
• Alumni Association
• Student Grievances and Redressal Cell
• Anti Ragging Cell
• Women Empowerment Cell
• Sexual Harassment Cell
• NSS Cell
1. Prof. Basavaraj Padmashali.
Student Welfare Department.
Rani Channamma University,
2. Smt. Poornima S. Hunagund
First Divisonal Assistant
Student welfare Department