Rani Channamma University has been established at Belagavi in the year 2010. Legal Cell along with RTI is established in the year of 2014. The Law Officer named Shri. Prabhu Dalawai has been appointed to look after the various cases pending before the High Court of Karnataka, Bangaluru, Dharwad and Kalaburagi and cases before the District and Taluka Courts. Before establishment of Legal Cell there were number of RTI applications were pending, such pending RTI applications are systematically handled by the Legal Cell.
Legal Cell successfully made efforts to appoint a committee for appointments of advocates on legal penal, to draft terms and conditions for the appointed advocates and to fix fee structure to the different kinds of cases such as writ petitions, orginal suits etc was formed with prior approval of the Hor.ble Vice-Chancellor.
1. Professional fees for Plaint/Written Statement/ Application/ Objections/ Any other pleadings in connection with a case before Lower court Rs.8000/- for connected matter arising on the same point of issue Rs.3500/-
2. Professional fees for Writ Petition/Writ Appeal/ Special Leave Petition before High Court Rs. 12000/- for connected matter arising on the same point of issue Rs.5000/-
3. Towards other/ filing expenses etc, Lower Court of Rs.500/-, High Court of Rs.3000/-
4. Legal notices/Reply Rs.1000/-( for each notice/ reply)
5. Legal Advise/ Legal Opinion fixed payment of Rs.3000/-( per opinion)
Rani Channamma University, Belagavi
Vidyasangama, N. H-04, Belagavi-591156