The Placement Cell of Rani Channamma University, Belagavi is committed to play a crucial role in training the different need based skills and locating the suitable job opportunities for passing out students by keeping in touch with reputed firms and industrial establishments. The Placement Cell operates round the year to establish contacts between companies and passing out students. The placement cell is also seriously planned to train the students in cognitive and general aptitudes to make them capable to appear all sorts of competitive exams.
The Placement Cell also identifies the curiosity of the students and organizes career guidance programmes from the first year itself. The cell arranges different activities and training programmes throughout the year like Mock Interviews, Group Discussions, Communication Skills Workshop etc and it also organizes Public Sector Exam Training for students who are interested to join Government Sectors. It also invites HR Managers from different industries and corporate companies to conduct training programmes for final year students
Placement Cell is always in forefront to guide young minds to enhance the competitive skills to meet out the present requirement of Jobs and employability in various Government, Semi-Government, Public and Private Sector companies including Industries and corporate expectations. This helps not only in individual growth as well as it helps in nation building.
The cell is committed to train the students by conducting numerous Skill Training Programs, Career Guidance, Workshops, Seminars, Industry Interactions, Personality Development, Cognitive and Communication skills to face the written exams and interviews.
The goal of Placement Cell is to provide maximum placements of the students, in their related and allied fields by inviting Human Resource (HR) Teams from different sectors. To encourage the students to participate in various campus recruitment drives within and outside the campus. The Students also encourage and motivated to be the Entrepreneurs with some Start-up Ideas to start new businesses as Job-Creators than Job Seekers
• To train and develop the students to meet-out the demand of corporate and Industries recruitment.
• To encourage and motivate the students to develop talent in Technical knowledge, Communication and Soft skills in terms of career planning.
• To encourage and motivate the students aspire for higher goal settings and guiding them to take competitive exams such as UPSC, KPSC and Banking Exams etc
• Aiming to Place the maximum number of students through campus and off-campus interviews conducted by the top companies
• To establish linkage with District Employment Exchange, Belagavi to enable students to explore various job opportunities in Government Sector
Prof. R N Mangoli
Sri. Sadanand. S. Ambadagatti
First Division Assistant
The Placement Cell has been taken lot of activities since the inception of University Placement Cell on 13th November 2019.
The Placement Cell offers guidance to students regarding different path ways and other career opportunities. Under the Placement Cell, the series of following activities have been taken place for the placements of our University students :
(a) Hiremee Association Assessment Test was conducted on 25-11-2019 and 94 Students were attended.
(b) Rural Skill Development Institute (RSDI) session was held on 11-02-2020. 47 Students were attended.
(c) Mega Job Fair at Angadi Institute of Management, Savgaon, Belagavi was held on 17-02-2020.
(d) UdyogaMela from District Administration, Belagavi&Vijayapur Districts held on 28-29 February 2020. 46 Students were attended and submitted their Resumes.
(e) Avanti Learning Centre, Hubballi, was conducted assessment test to the Maths, Physics and Chemistry students. 62 Students were attended for the assessment test and 38 students were shortlisted. Teaching Demo will be scheduled on 12th March 2020 and 18 Students were shortlisted and Final round selection was finally conducted on 19th March 2020 and the 07 students were finally selected.
(f) Rani Channamma University (Placement Cell) and District Exchange Office, Belagavi was jointly organized the “UDYOG MELA” on 25th Feb 2021 at Sangolli Rayanna First Grade College, Belagavi. The “UDYOG MELA” was inaugurated by Prof. Ramachandra Gouda, Hon’ble VC, Prof. Basavaraj Padmashali, Registrar, Shri. Gurupadayya Hiremath, Director, District Exchange Office, Belagavi, Dr. M. Jayappa, Principal, Sangolli Rayanna College, Belagavi and Prof. R.N. Mangoli, Placement Officer were present on the occasion . More than 20 Human Resources Managers from Bengaluru and 200 above students were attended.
(g) Local Industrial list has been obtained on 04th March 2020 from the Belgaum Chamber of Commerce and Industries, Belagavi after paying them Rs 2000/- by DD bearing No 725317 dated 11 February 2020 and List of local industries received from them. Brochure of the Placement Cell being prepared and will be sent to all the Industries to seek their requirements for the placements of the Students passed out from our University.
Different Departments under Different Schools with a strength of about 2000 students
a) School of Sciences:
• Department of Chemistry
• Department of Botany
• Department of Physics
b) School of Mathematics and Computing Science:
• Department of Mathematics
• Department of Computer Science/MCA
c) School of Business and Economics:
• Department of Commerce
• Department of Economics
• Department of Business and Administration (MBA).
d) School of Applied Sciences:
• Department of Library and Information
• Department of Geography
e) School of Social Sciences:
• Department of Sociology
• Department of Political Science
• Department of Social Work
• Department of History
• Department of Journalism and Mass Communication
f) School of Criminology and Criminal Justice:
• BA/BSc in Criminology and Criminal Justice
• MA/MSc in Criminology and Criminal Justice
g) School of Education:
• Departmentof Education (M.Ed)
• PG Diploma in Yoga Studies Course
h) School of Classical Kannada Studies:
• Department of Kannada
• PG Diploma in Translations
• PG Diploma in Vachan
i) School of Languages
• Department of English
• Department of Marathi
• Establishing linkage with the potential recruiterslikeCorporate, MNCs, Industries etc to attract them for campus placements.
• Encouraging understudy students to go for competitive exams like UPSC, KPSC and Banking sector exams etc.
• Identifying the Entrepreneurship Leadership qualities among the students for the start-up projects.
• Talent Hunt among the students and giving guidance
• Mock interviews to be conducted.
• Notifying the students about job opportunities and campus selections.
• Preparing a formal list of students of different disciplines with high merit.
• To assist students for industrial training at the end of the course.
• Communicating with Alumni for available openings.
• Preparing students (How to prepare their Resume/Bio-Data along with covering letters)through some models/agencies.
• Creating suitable resources/materials(Handbook)
• Inviting IAS/IPS officers for motivational talks and guidance
• Identifying the startup projects.
• Initiating the Financial Assistance.
• Plan of action, how to begin with different Registrations in Govt. offices.
• What are the exact requirements, raw materials, machines, capital, man power etc.
• Starting problem and trouble shooting solutions etc.
• Providing with the basic amenities of ‘Incubation Centre’ in partnership with other institutions in Belagavi
• Placement alerts through Departments and Whats App messages to Students
• Lectures/Demonstration from the various Agencies/Companies/Institutions
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website:www.rcub.ac.in
Placement Cell Phone :>0831-2565265
Main Building, IInd Floor,
Rani Channamma University, Belagavi
Vidyasangama, N. H-04, Belagavi-591156