Internal Quality Assurance Cell is established during the academic year 2013-14 with a Director, two clerical staff and one attender. Established to maintain the momentum of quality consciousness, Internal Quality Assurance Cell is conceived as a mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture in our university. The internal quality assurance system is functioning with appropriate structure and processes, and with enough flexibility to meet the diverse needs of the stakeholders with the nomenclature “Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)”. It is in place for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of the University. The cell is channelizing and systematizing the efforts and measures of the institution towards academic excellence. It is a facilitative and participative organ of the University.
The IQAC is a driving force for ushering in quality by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality with a goal to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution and to promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
GOALS OF THE IQAC:
• To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
• To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
FUNCTIONS OF THE IQAC:
Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the University;
• Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
• Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parent and other stakeholders on quality related institutional processes.
• Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
• Organization of inter and intra University workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
• Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the University, leading to quality improvement.
• Acting as a nodal agency of the University for Coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices.
• Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining/enhancing the institutional quality.
• Development of Quality Culture in University.
• Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the University based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA,AB) in the prescribed format.
• Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Units of HEIs based on the AQAR.
• Interaction with SQACs in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance and enhancement endeavours.