Background : The Office of the Directorate of Student’s Welfare is headed by Prof. Chandrika K.B. Department of Sociology, Rani Channamma University, Belagavi. The University has established a Student Welfare Section in 2011 to execute University polices concerned to welfare of the students. Nearly 4600 post graduate and 1, 08,500 undergraduate students studying in the main campus, P.G. centers, constituent and affiliated colleges, are covered under variety of Welfare Programmes run by the University. Student Welfare Section administers a number of University Policies concerned with hostels, N.S.S, Red Cross, Student SC/ST, & OBC Cell, Students Gymkhana, Welfare Schemes, Youth Festivals, Student Complaints etc..
The main objectives of the Student Welfare Section include:
• Promotion of academic interests in students.
1. Participated in the admission process of postgraduate students at the university for the year 2047-18.
2. Participated in the admission of postgraduate students to the university Hostel.
3. Participated in the Selection of Student Representatives for Gymkhana.
4. Active participate in all cultural and sport activities organized in the campus.
5. Provided Identity Cards to all the postgraduate students.
6. Organised the debate competition under the Department of Student Welfare, Rani Channamma University, Belagavi in collaboration with Karnataka co-operative Society, Bengalore on 18-09-2018 in Vidyasangama for the PG and UG students of all the affiliated colleges of Belagavi, Vijayapura and Bagalkot Districts. Topic of the debate was Economic Growth is possible only with Co-operative Society and Pricnipals of Co-operation is relevant in present Society. The winners were awarded with certificate and cash prize. Registrar of the University presided the prize distribution function.
7. A MoU is signed on 05-09-2018 between Rani Channamma University and Hire- Mee, Bangalore to enhance the employability of its Graduate Students under social responsibility for placement of PG and UG Student. The Student Welfare Department of Rani Channamma University had initiated this programme.
The MoU is designed to facilitate the career opportunities for the students to find the best job which fits them on the basis of their potentiality.
8. Teachers Day was celebrated on 05-09-2018.Vice-Chancellor Prof. Shivanand B. Hosamani delivered a speech on the contribution of Radhakrishanan.
9. As per the regulations prescribed by the Lyngdoh committee regulations for the student Gymkhana was prepared to select the student representatives and other office bearers to conduct sports and cultural activities for PG students.
10. PG Student of RCU were participated in cultural competitions organized by Karnataka Open University Mysore and ABVP on 16-17 Feb 2019 and won the prizes in all the events.
11. In the month of June 2018 a Training programmee was organized for the PG Students of RCU in Collaboration with Azim Premji Foundation, Bangalore. Later on test was conducted for the placement and 3 students were selected.
12. Youth festival “Channamma Yuva Sanbhrama” was conducted in zonal and inter zonal level for the year 2018-19 for both UG and PG in three Districts.
13. Constituted of student Grievances Redraesal Cell committee as per UGC Regualtions.