About The Department :
Established in the year 2011-12, the department of political science Has rehashed its syllabus in response to the demands of globalization And market demands. thrust areas: e-governance, human rights, Constitution & constitutionalism, environmental studies, regional Studies, governance & international studies.
Vision & Mission:
To prepare younger generation of scholars to pragmatically Understand politics and society in order to prescribe solutions through Scientific study of politics.
To contribute to the discipline of political science through new Dimensions of study and research. To inculcate democratic and secular Values and leadership qualities among our students to support nation Building. To strive hard to create good citizens with commitment to promote the well being of society.
Sl No. Name Of The Facaulty Photo Of The Facaulty Designation Email Adress 01 Dr. Kamalaxi Tadasad Associate Professor & Chairman firstname.lastname@example.org 02 Dr. Y S Balavantagol Associate Professor email@example.com 03 Dr. Ramesh M N Associate Professor firstname.lastname@example.org 04 Dr. Prakash Kattimani Assistant Professor email@example.com
- 30 Research Scholars are perusing their doctoral degree.
- 02 Research Scholars were awarded their doctoral degree.
- Major research project on “Empowerment of Dalit women through Political Participation and Education – A study in Karnataka State Rural Districts” (PI: Dr. Ramesh M.N.) Amount sanctioned 5,60,000 from ICSSR New Delhi.
Activities of the Department:
- Organized Special Lectures on, “Administrative Culture and Bureaucratic Responsibility” and “Relevance of Political Science today and tomorrow” on 28/09/2016.
- Panel Discussion was organized on “Relevance of Indian Constitution today” on 26/11/2016.
- Survey work was conducted on Awareness about Human Rights in Belagavi city, on World Human Rights Day 10/12/2016.
- Socio – Economic Survey was conducted in Gandhi Grama awarded village Nagarmunnolli, chikodi taluk, Belagavi on 23/12/2016.
- One day symposium was jointly organized with District information cell and District legal services, Belagavi, on topic “The intent of the constitution and the Fundamental Duties” on 28/02/2017.
- Two days state level conference was organized jointly with Karnataka State Political Science teachers forum , Bangalore on the topic National Integration: Issues and Challenges for Indian Democracy. November 11 and 12, 2016.
- One day National conference on Paradox of Indian Democracy: reflections on Society and Media” 22/03/2017.
- Students visited Suvarna Vidhan Soudha Belgaum to observe the Winter Session Nov. 2015.
- Organized Voting Awareness Programme by P.G. Students to villagers nearby RCU campus. 2014
- Educational Tour : Students had visited Mysore and Bangalore universities and had interaction with Vice chancellors.2014-15
- Special lecture on farmers Suicide in Karnataka by Hemant Kumar, 2015.